SHARE Africa saves lives, fosters a sustainable future and vastly improves the quality of life of children and adults in African communities devastated by AIDS, other life threatening diseases and abject poverty. Learn more about us »
Sharami Kerr and Eileen Schmidt, of United Hospice of Rockland, NY accompanied Dr. Jeff Karasik on a SHARE Africa sponsored and organized training program in Mbita, Kenya, a remote village on the shores of Lake Victoria with among the highest AIDS incidence in sub-Saharan Africa. The program answered a call from teachers and school principals for training in grief and bereavement counseling to enable them to better assist in the emotional needs of HIV orphaned children. Thirty teachers, principals, clergy, and social workers participated in the weeklong training conducted in February 2012.
Karibou=Welcome. The generosity and caring of the SHARE staff could not have been more welcoming and loving from the moment we landed in Kisumu. Ken is the finest driver I have ever seen. He would do great on the streets of NYC as he navigated the roads of Kenya. And Alphonse, Lucy and Cyprina could not have been more wonderful. We laughed and bounced our way from Kisimu toMbita and all of the way to Orore, where Brother Alphonse had a wonderful lunch awaiting us at the end of our trip.
Join Our Email List
- Garissa University College terror attack: SHARE orphans and communities unharmed »
- Helping Babies Breathe - Project funded by Nicola Musso Foundation »
- Share mourns the loss of Mr. Herbert Kurz, a longtime friend and supporter »
- Buy from Amazon Smile and help SHARE »
- Photos from 2014 Golf Outing »
- Calling All Dentists: Join SHARE's Dental Care Project in Kenya »