SHARE Africa saves lives, fosters a sustainable future and vastly improves the quality of life of children and adults in African communities devastated by AIDS, other life threatening diseases and abject poverty. Learn more about us »
29 of our 231 SHARE sponsored orphans graduated from high school in November 2011. This is truly a great accomplishment. These children would not have been able to receive decent primary education and now they are high school graduates. This would not have been possible without the generosity of our sponsors, whose support pays for school fees, school uniforms, food, health care, and other necessities for these children. After graduating from secondary school, these children also graduate from the SHARE Orphan Sponsorship program (SOS). Many of these children were a part of SOS for over 10 years (from 1st grade to graduation) and many were supported by the same sponsor over that time span, developing long lasting connections.
Karibou=Welcome. The generosity and caring of the SHARE staff could not have been more welcoming and loving from the moment we landed in Kisumu. Ken is the finest driver I have ever seen. He would do great on the streets of NYC as he navigated the roads of Kenya. And Alphonse, Lucy and Cyprina could not have been more wonderful. We laughed and bounced our way from Kisimu toMbita and all of the way to Orore, where Brother Alphonse had a wonderful lunch awaiting us at the end of our trip.
Join Our Email List
- 2nd Annual Golf Outing will be held on Sept. 23, 2013 »
- 2nd Annual Musical Event Honoring Dr. Bobby MacGuffie on May 19, 2013 »
- Jim McMahon - Friend of SHARE Passes Away »
- 1st Annual Dr. Martha MacGuffie Memorial Golf Outing Hosted by Bill Murray Raises $70,000 »
- New York School Children Donate School Supplies to Orphans in Kenya »
- Bereavement and Grief Counseling to Address Emotional Needs of SHARE Africa's Orphans »