SHARE Africa saves lives, fosters a sustainable future and vastly improves the quality of life of children and adults in African communities devastated by AIDS, other life threatening diseases and abject poverty. Learn more about us »
Golf Registration Now Open…
Sharami Kerr and Eileen Schmidt, of United Hospice of Rockland, NY accompanied Dr. Jeff Karasik on a SHARE Africa sponsored and organized training program in Mbita, Kenya, a remote village on the shores of Lake Victoria with among the highest AIDS incidence in sub-Saharan Africa. The program answered a call from teachers and school principals for training in grief and bereavement counseling to enable them to better assist in the emotional needs of HIV orphaned children. Thirty teachers, principals, clergy, and social workers participated in the weeklong training conducted in February 2012.
SHARE colleague, Cyprina, when she asked the driver to pull off the road in the direction of a small village. Approaching the village, we saw empty mud huts that were still standing, sprinkled unevenly around this beautiful Lake Victoria setting. It was clearly deserted from the ravages of malaria, AIDS, and poverty. Seven villagers still lived among these empty dwellings, and four of them came out to greet us.
Join Our Email List
- Garissa University College terror attack: SHARE orphans and communities unharmed »
- Helping Babies Breathe - Project funded by Nicola Musso Foundation »
- Share mourns the loss of Mr. Herbert Kurz, a longtime friend and supporter »
- Buy from Amazon Smile and help SHARE »
- Photos from 2014 Golf Outing »
- Calling All Dentists: Join SHARE's Dental Care Project in Kenya »